Green Retail Decisions Feature
Over the next two years alone Target has committed to adding solar panels to 250 buildings, working with four key developers across the country.
- Sustainability Saved Hannaford $15 Million in 2014
- Walmart Debuts Online Sustainability Leaders Shop
- New York Stop & Shop Store Installs Bloom Energy Fuel Cell
- Keurig Aims for 100 Percent K-Cup Recyclability by 2020
- Six Retailers Endorse Corporate Renewable Energy Buyers' Principles
- Whole Foods Markets in Pacific NW Now Sell Non-GMO-Fed Pork
- Waitrose, M&S Earn Top Marks in Global Animal Welfare Benchmark
VRF technology HVAC systems can reduce HVAC energy costs by over 45% which would qualify some retail stores for up to 6 LEED® points. Learn how you can achieve your energy efficiency and sustainability goals by implementing VRF technology.Learn more »
Approximately 150,000 EVs are sold annually and those numbers will increase as new models are introduced, yet there are only 6,000 public charging stations in the United States. Savvy retailers should take notice.
Source: Powerhouse Dynamics
Solar energy is a viable energy source for commercial and industrial buildings and the technology continues to evolve.
Areas of focus included making the business case for sustainability, leadership development and radical collaboration.
Source: Food Marketing InstituteSee All Guest Columns »
In Our Spotlight