Green Retail Decisions Feature
Leading national retailers employ organizational strategies to reduce energy use in their building portfolios.
- Banana Republic Uses Sustainability Effort as a Brand-Builder
- Musgrave Group Wins 2015 NACS Insight European Sustainability Retailer of the Year Award
- Lego Earmarks $105.5M for Sustainable Materials R&D
- Loblaw's to Cut Potentially Harmful Ingredients from Some Private-Label Brands
- Amazon to Build 80 MW Solar Farm in Virginia
- Staples, Marriott to Ask Suppliers to Use Chemical Footprint Tool
- JCPenney, The First Retailer to Earn the Green Good Housekeeping Seal for Textiles
VRF technology HVAC systems can reduce HVAC energy costs by over 45% which would qualify some retail stores for up to 6 LEED® points. Learn how you can achieve your energy efficiency and sustainability goals by implementing VRF technology.Learn more »
Retailers that integrate a device-level energy management system with their existing Building Management System can realize substantial energy savings.
Source: Panoramic Powe
How a national movie theater chain saves $20,000-plus in monthly energy costs making savvy use of ticket sales and occupancy data.
Source: Phoenix Energy Technologies
Approximately 150,000 EVs are sold annually and those numbers will increase as new models are introduced, yet there are only 6,000 public charging stations in the United States. Savvy retailers should take notice.
Source: Powerhouse DynamicsSee All Guest Columns »
In Our Spotlight