Green Retail Decisions Feature
Each rooftop solar array will produce between 20 and 30 percent of the total electricity requirements of each retail outlet and/or distribution center.
- Ikea to Expand Renewable Energy Portfolio With Fuel Cells
- Starbucks Achieves Zero Waste at Largest Coffee Roasting Plant
- Coalition Calls on Congress for Meaningful Chemical Reform
- Call2Recycle to Manage Nation's First Single-Use Battery Recycling Program
- Target, Staples, Kroger Leading Retailers in EPA Green Buildings Challenge
- Costco to Eliminate Sale of Chicken and Meat Raised with Antibiotics
- Levi's Saves 1 Billion Liters of Water
VRF technology HVAC systems can reduce HVAC energy costs by over 45% which would qualify some retail stores for up to 6 LEED® points. Learn how you can achieve your energy efficiency and sustainability goals by implementing VRF technology.Learn more »
Approximately 150,000 EVs are sold annually and those numbers will increase as new models are introduced, yet there are only 6,000 public charging stations in the United States. Savvy retailers should take notice.
Source: Powerhouse Dynamics
Solar energy is a viable energy source for commercial and industrial buildings and the technology continues to evolve.
Areas of focus included making the business case for sustainability, leadership development and radical collaboration.
Source: Food Marketing InstituteSee All Guest Columns »
In Our Spotlight