Walmart Unveils New Sustainability Blog
January 5, 2012
Bentonville, Ark.-based Walmart unveiled a blog on sustainability, which went live Jan. 3 and features posts from Andrea Thomas, the retailer’s senior vice president of sustainability.
Called The Green Room, Thomas introduced the blog as an opportunity for it to “develop into a vibrant conversation about helping people live better around the globe. I invite you to visit this blog often to learn about the latest in sustainability – ours and yours. We will share our thoughts and ideas, and I hope you will, too.”
Thomas outlined some of Walmart’s broad stroke sustainability goals, including zero waste and increased use of renewable energy, but primarily used the inaugural post to invite readers to participate in the blog and share their thoughts and opinions.
Thomas concluded her post posing three questions to readers:
- What do you think are the biggest challenges to sustainability?
- What do you wish we, as a company, could do to address an environmental or social issue?
- How could we help you reach your own sustainability goals?
“Together, we really can create a more sustainable world and a brighter future” Thomas wrote. “Thank you for joining us on this journey. We look forward to reading your comments, hearing your stories and exploring your ideas.”
- Ahold Reduces Carbon Emissions by 18.5 Percent
- Six Retailers Make Ethisphere List of Most Ethical Companies
- Hudson's Bay Exec: How to Internally Sell and Fund Renewable Energy Projects
- Sustainability Saved Hannaford $15 Million in 2014
- M&S, H&M Only Retailers to Make World's 100 Most Sustainable Companies
« View All Articles
Pratt Industries releases video interview with Marcio DaCosta, VP Global Sourcing & Planning, The Kroger Co.
Source: Pratt Industries
In business, keeping the lights on means more than a flick of a switch, and powering facilities with diverse functions is no easy feat.
Retailers that integrate a device-level energy management system with their existing Building Management System can realize substantial energy savings.
Source: Panoramic PowerSee All Guest Columns »
Source: UtiliSave LLC
In Our Spotlight
Send a News Tip