Walmart Unveils New Sustainability Blog
January 5, 2012
Bentonville, Ark.-based Walmart unveiled a blog on sustainability, which went live Jan. 3 and features posts from Andrea Thomas, the retailer’s senior vice president of sustainability.
Called The Green Room, Thomas introduced the blog as an opportunity for it to “develop into a vibrant conversation about helping people live better around the globe. I invite you to visit this blog often to learn about the latest in sustainability – ours and yours. We will share our thoughts and ideas, and I hope you will, too.”
Thomas outlined some of Walmart’s broad stroke sustainability goals, including zero waste and increased use of renewable energy, but primarily used the inaugural post to invite readers to participate in the blog and share their thoughts and opinions.
Thomas concluded her post posing three questions to readers:
- What do you think are the biggest challenges to sustainability?
- What do you wish we, as a company, could do to address an environmental or social issue?
- How could we help you reach your own sustainability goals?
“Together, we really can create a more sustainable world and a brighter future” Thomas wrote. “Thank you for joining us on this journey. We look forward to reading your comments, hearing your stories and exploring your ideas.”
- Chicken of the Sea Issues 2014 Sustainability Report
- Scientist Group Rates Starbucks Low on Palm Oil Scorecard
- ShopRite Garafalo Markets Receives Grocery Stewardship Certification
- Fortune Magazine Names Walmart Top Retail Company Changing the World
- Molson Coors On Track to Meet 2020 Environmental Targets
« View All Articles
DOE releases a new video discussing Havertys energy efficiency goals and accomplishments.
Source: DOE Better Buildings Challenge
Pratt Industries releases video interview with Marcio DaCosta, VP Global Sourcing & Planning, The Kroger Co.
Source: Pratt Industries
In business, keeping the lights on means more than a flick of a switch, and powering facilities with diverse functions is no easy feat.
Source: ConstellationSee All Guest Columns »
Source: UtiliSave LLC
In Our Spotlight
Send a News Tip