Walmart Unveils New Sustainability Blog
January 5, 2012
Bentonville, Ark.-based Walmart unveiled a blog on sustainability, which went live Jan. 3 and features posts from Andrea Thomas, the retailer’s senior vice president of sustainability.
Called The Green Room, Thomas introduced the blog as an opportunity for it to “develop into a vibrant conversation about helping people live better around the globe. I invite you to visit this blog often to learn about the latest in sustainability – ours and yours. We will share our thoughts and ideas, and I hope you will, too.”
Thomas outlined some of Walmart’s broad stroke sustainability goals, including zero waste and increased use of renewable energy, but primarily used the inaugural post to invite readers to participate in the blog and share their thoughts and opinions.
Thomas concluded her post posing three questions to readers:
- What do you think are the biggest challenges to sustainability?
- What do you wish we, as a company, could do to address an environmental or social issue?
- How could we help you reach your own sustainability goals?
“Together, we really can create a more sustainable world and a brighter future” Thomas wrote. “Thank you for joining us on this journey. We look forward to reading your comments, hearing your stories and exploring your ideas.”
- Retail Lessons from 3M: Making Pollution Prevention Pay (Part 2 of 2)
- Three Retailers Named to the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations
- GMA Report Highlights CPG Companies' Sustainability Progress
- Starbucks Reveals Sustainability Progress and Challenges
- H&M Cuts CO2 Emissions By 5 Percent
« View All Articles
Solar energy is a viable energy source for commercial and industrial buildings and the technology continues to evolve.
Areas of focus included making the business case for sustainability, leadership development and radical collaboration.
Source: Food Marketing Institute
A new FMI toolkit offers concise, customizable strategic language to help executives effectively articulate the business case for sustainability in less than 60 seconds.
Source: Food Marketing InstituteSee All Guest Columns »
Source: Hussmann Corp.
Source: Avery Dennison
In Our Spotlight
Send a News Tip